Sunday 31 January 2010

Islands and Sunset Time

There was a clear weather today and I can almost see the mountains of the bay behind the Princess' Islands. But it was cold and later the wind was strong... Brought the rain again.
The sun is going to leave us... This time of day, I love the blue touches of early night... and the first lights seem... But of course all this city lights and poles are so bad I can't take any picture without them. Maybe I should crop them all but the whole image would be lost, I don't want to crop them. As I said above, the weather was so clear and the mountains were seen so clearly, even snow too... The lens what I used was 70-300mm Sigma, this was what I can do. I dream to have another lens too for far distance...

The lights are changing because sun goes down... and I am going on to take its picture. This island is Heybeliada... (one of the Princess' Islands) Behind the island the mountains seem again...
*
The Princess' Islands or in my own language we call just "Adalar"(= Islands),and they are a chain of nine islands off the coast of Istanbul, in the Marmara Sea.
*
They consist of four larger islands,
Büyükada (meaning "Large Island"),
Heybeliada (meaning "Saddlebag Island"),
Burgazada (Antigoni, the name of a mythological figure),
Kınalıada (meaning "Henna Island", meaning "First", being the closest island to Istanbul),
and five much smaller ones, Sedef Adası (meaning "Mother-of-Pearl Island"),
Yassıada (meaning "Flat Island"),
Sivriada (meaning "Sharp Island"),
Kaşık Adası (meaning"Spoon Island", named for its shape),
and Tavşanadası (meaning "Rabbit Island" )
The islands also constitute one of the districts of Istanbul Province.
This is Büyükada (Large Island) and sun still goes down...

A small boat is coming from the island, Büyükada...

Yes, the mountains are not seen now, the sky is closed by the clouds... and the lights are more now, the sun left us.

No comments:

Post a Comment