Wednesday 27 January 2010

Poems For Blue

* * *
Roses red and roses white
Plucked I for my love's delight.
She would none of all my posies--
Bade me gather her blue roses.
* * *
Half the world
I wandered through,
Seeking where such flowers grew.
Half the world unto my quest
Answered me with laugh and jest.
* * *
Home I came at wintertide,
But my silly love had died
Seeking with her latest breath
Roses from the arms of Death.
* * *
It may be beyond the grave
She shall find what she would have.
Mine was but an idle quest--
Roses white and red are best!

Rudyard Kipling

* * *
Blue-Butterfly Day
*
It is blue-butterfly day here in spring,
And with these sky-flakes down in flurry on flurry
There is more unmixed color on the wing
Than flowers will show for days unless they hurry.
*
But these are flowers that fly and all but sing:
And now from having ridden out desire
They lie closed over in the wind and cling
Where wheels have freshly sliced the April mire.
*
Robert Frost

* * *
I thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes
*
E.E.Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment