Wednesday 12 May 2010

Charm of Carpets

Around the same area (Grand Bazaar) I stopped and watched them for a while. Always fascinates me... Maybe one day I can find the flying carpet too :) 

There is a story/anecdote about carpets and I always remember this because I am impressed so much. One day, for his thesis and research, a young man makes a travel to the villages, especially for the carpet weaving... In one of the mountain villages, he noticed that there wasn't any flowers around the village area, much more rocks and stones area but there was a young woman who was weaving a carpet on her weaving loom. She was weaving so beautiful flowers. Then he asked her how did she find these flowers because there wasn't any flowers around the village area... and she said that they were in her heart! She was weaving flower patterns of her heart. (sorry for my langauge I tried to translate but I hope I didn't waste this beautiful story)..... By the way in traditional Turkish carpet weaving there is a meaning and symbol of every each patterns... Carpets are talking as if... They all have their own stories... You don't have only a carpet as if you have their beautiful stories too. Always made me fascinated and impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment