Tuesday 23 March 2010

So Beautiful

It is afternoon here and when I opened my beautiful world, I found this poem, this is so beautiful, and I know she hasn't been writing poetry for a long time and how made me so happy. I read this again and again and yes, with my tears too, but not because of sadness, just this is emotional nia! How nice to be inspired and to write a poem and how nice all these poetical touches and how beautiful friend I have, Thank you, but this can't be enough in words, I should come there and to give a big hugs... yessssssss!

ISTANBUL
*
Although the images were gone
in a flash
Fragments of them still remain
like glimpses of braided minarets
peeeping between the blue Bosphorus waters
And different faces hurrying past
Watched by the street cats
- endlessly fascinating...
Afternoons chatting
along with a conspiratorial parrot
who nods in confirmation -
Yes, it is all inexplicable and strange
but Boncuk has heard it all before...
More fragments reveal
Istanbul glowing at night showing off
a million shining pinpricks.
A mirror reflects a crowded restaurant
filled with the noise of happy conversations
It is there - where four hands
are clasped across the table
in friendship.....
*
By my dear Friend F, aka Zanzi

No comments:

Post a Comment