Monday 29 March 2010

"O My Friends, There Is No Friend!"

There is a Turkish proverb that says "The memories of a cup of coffee lasts for forty years and is worth a longlife friendship''

I always believed this... Maybe I wasn't lucky for having friends but I believed always.

On the other hand, how drops these philosophical words to my mind again: the first is a quotation attributed to Aristotle by Diogenes Laertius and picked up again by Michel de Montaigne: "O my friends, there is no friend." Then in times, Derrida calls this statement a "performative contradiction," as it would be difficult to address friends and tell them that there are none. But in speaking to friends, one is addressing them. One is calling out to them through a logical contradiction that signifies "the very movement and time of friendship".
*
Me... Just ironically I can't walk today!
*
"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." Albert Camus
*
Just a little empathy! All we need... Just a little empathy!

No comments:

Post a Comment