Tuesday 16 March 2010

Mathematical Wisdom

There are some magazines that I keep following them, and one of them is a mathematical magazine that is published here monthly. Today, I read a poem in there (that was translated in my own language but I found it in this language too), I haven't known that Marx was writing poetry too This was so interesting for me,
*
"MATHEMATICAL WISDOM
*
I
We have boiled everything down to signs,
And Reasoning's done on strict mathematical lines.
If God's a point, as cylinder he just won't pass,
You can't stand on your head while sitting on your----.
*
II
If a's the Beloved and b is the Lover,
My shirt I'll wager ten times over
That a and b when added up'll
Constitute one Loving Couple.
*
III
Measure the World with lines about,
You'll never drive its Spirit out.
If feuds were settled by a and b,
The Courts would be swindled out of their fee.
*
Karl Marx (Book of verse)
"http://wyx.swpu.edu.cn/nata/3000nove...erse/vmisc.htm
the poem was taken from this link

No comments:

Post a Comment