Tuesday 9 February 2010

Inspirations - A Dream Within A Dream

Oren Lavie... Once again I came back to listen to his beautiful songs... non-stop it plays.

"The sun, every day rises through the colours of dawn; and we know that it is our sun.... But smiles and touches each of us within a different song. We name it then, "Life"..."

Inspirations... Hit me once again all these things; music, poems, poets, musicians... Like a voyage into the seas of a magical world.

A Dream Within A Dream

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow-
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.
*
I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand-
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep- while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?
*
by Edgar Alan Poe
* * *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZyNKrYo9I4
Alan Parsons Project
"Tales of Mystery and ImaginationEdgar Allan Poe" (Narration Orson Welles)
*
A Dream Within A Dream
For my own part, I have never had a thought
Which I could not set down in words
With even more distinctness that which I conceived it.
There is however a class of fancies of exquisite delicacy
Which are not thoughts and to which as yet
I have found it absolutely impossible to adapt to language.
These fancies arise in the soul,
Alas how rarely, only at epochs
Of most intense tranquillity
When the bodily and mental health are in perfection.
And those mere points of time
When the confines of the waking world
Blend with the world of dreams.
And so I captured this fancy
Where all that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.
* * *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF_tLkRFQBs
*
A Dream within a Dream
is from "The opposite side of the sea" by Oren Lavie.
*
A Dream Within A Dream
the road stretches on from unknown destination
across open streams
through fields of carnations
it enters a city, a building
it stretches ahead
it stops at the feet
the feet of his bed
*
he's aware of a small inclination
a dream in a dream
he pays no attention
oranges hover and faces all over he knows
is how the dream goes
*
caught within a dream within a dream
a man within a man
caught within a thought within a thought
an ocean so deep
he will drown in his sleep
the winds whistles lower and the windows are yielding
the telephone rings in the opposite building
a voice with a likable, unrecognizable air
it runs in the walls
it isn't quite there
*
he's aware of a change in the weather
a dream in a dream
he'll think of it later
a wonderful melody line that he couldn't quite get
he couldn't remember
he'd never forget
*
caught within a dream within a dream
a man within a man
caught within a thought within a thought
an ocean so deep
he will drown his sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment