Wednesday 3 February 2010

Alps

*
Snow, closed roads, accidents, and political figthings... kidnapped children,... these are the headlines of media. The higway, between Istanbul and Ankara has been closed, opened and then closed again, especially at the Mount Bolu tunnel! There is a long lines of the traffic, and snowing badly, it's said that there is one meter snow... This highway is the most modern one that's been built in the near past. But it can be closed because of the snow, or ice, etc. Why we don't know how to live during snowing... like all other countries, like Canada, Alaska, Norway, Finland, etc. Extraordinary situations can be in any place but what we live here can't be in this category I think. It is so sad and fearful too...
*
Yesterday, one of my old friends, shared with me a wonderful web site, he knows how much I love mountains and mountain adventure. I haven't had any experience about them in all my life, and probably wouldn't be too. But with my internet connection, at my desk, as if I am there and I am walking, climbing with all these beautiful people. Photographs and diaries and videos are amazing. So my friend, by knowing my interest, sent me this link, there is some of snow blogs,
*
*
In Milan, from my room I was watching Alps mountains... Especially in a clear weather it was seen so nicely and so gorgeous. There are so nice photographs on this page, how nice to watch the world from the mountains... This is exciting, so exciting...
*
This photograph was taken from this web site, a steep metal staircase! What a view... and I try to imagine how it would be to be there on this staircase...

No comments:

Post a Comment