Thursday 11 February 2010

Old and New


The towers of the chimney of the Topkapı Palace!

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/g...mberlitas.html
Çemberlitaş...
It is near the Grand Bazaar and while I was walking I found this view interesting with under the fringed scarfs...

Sepetçiler Kasrı... Flags... no wind today!

In an old street with old houses... Just a little cat.

The direction is Kapalıçarşı= Grand Bazaar from the Nuruosmaniye gate...

Old houses got restoration and most them are boutique hotels. Soft colours and woodwork.
Sepetçiler Kasrı from another side...

The same street with the cat picture in Beyoğlu, it is one of the oldest districts of the city. On the right side, on the wall there is a mural that was made by some local artists for a young man who is living in front of this wall but he is paralyzed, just laying in his bed by watching the out side of the street.

Minarets... This was an inspirational eye touches for me. Actually there are two minarets but the other one isn't seen in this picture behind the tree. I took another one too, but this time the picture was not clear...

In this city, there is a very special touches of old streets, buildings, houses, etc. I love to breathe this historical ambiences And there is always a surprise that waiting for you. Without a camera to walk in the city should be wrong. Maybe I love to keep these moments, and also these old touches into my camera. I can't explain well enough... So, I'll leave you with my humble shots, I hope they can talk more than me One of the streets in Beyoğlu (is one of the oldest district of the city; I love to be here, there are so many old buildings but not all of them are so bad like that. Most of them are well restorated.)
*
Beyoglu
Another one from the same street...
Around the Grand Bazaar... a narrow street and in both sides there are all golden jewelry stores... and at the end it is seen a minaret that is getting restoration. Seems almost interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment