Thursday 22 July 2010

Istanbul(again) from my camera


from the same hill, and the Ritz-Carlton Hotel..
This building is a very controversial project. It is considered the worst one in the city by most of the people, but yes, the discussion about this one has been started on some newspapers by some journalists, academicians, artists too. Even there was a big matter once, whether to collapse the building would be better... But yes, at the end, it was a building and standing there... And its name was given by all these people, they call it, "The cage of sky"... as if... because they think that this building disturbing the view of the city.
In my opinion, I should say, I don't like it... Standing really horrible... maybe because of its design too, but along the Bosphorus, these kind of projects should be thought well, shouldn't be disturbed the historical and also the ambience like a fairy tales... The city with all these things is a living one,...

On the other hand, by this oppurtunity, I want to share something too, this taller building is a hotel, yes, but at the roof there is one of famous Turkish architect's house and office, this was amazing... I just imagine myself in there and to watch the view of my city... As you can see in the picture, this architect lives in these flats of the roof... I hope you find it enjoyable,

http://www.erenyorulmazer.com/

you can click on "project" then you can find the photographs of this house and office... but the first pictures... the others are some of his another projects.You can understand because of the big windows as in the cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment