Wednesday 9 June 2010

I'm a sailor...

These photographs from last saturday. We are at the Eminönü Port, for ferryboats and we are waiting for ferry boat in the line of the cars with my musician friends. Because we are going to other side of the Bosphorus (to the Anatolian side where I live) for a concert, there is a performance in a wedding party in a garden club. The weather was so nice before the afternoon, blue skies and clear weather but later it would be so bad, and we will live a very hard moments in the garden club. But nothing will be cancelled, the concert will be so nice.The left side of these photographs is going to the Golden Horn, and the right side is going to the Marmara Sea and also to the Bosphorus. The cross the ships that is seen, are coming from other countries, it is Istanbul Harbour, Karaköy Port, or Karaköy Limanı... These are cruise ships. How nice for me that day, because I always wished to watch some of them while they are leaving the city... Yes, this happened. I watched and took their pictures at the port but later when I went to the Anatolian side by ferry boat and when I was in a garden cafe before the concert, I saw that the biggest one was leaving the city and I watched yes I took her pictures too! I don't know, I mean I can't explain well enough but I love to be sailor... :) It seems to me so exciting. And yes, with one of them, one of beautiful photographer friends will be visiting Istanbul in near soon. Always I remember this and I pray for this. I make my fingers cross :) We are waiting for you both dear Garry with your wife. The Galata Tower. And these old ships that are the image of Istanbul, you may see them in so many pictures... They are going to again Anatolian side... without car, I use this way too :) in here, the Galata Bridge is seen... Ah, this Galata Bridge... how beautiful to watch the fishermen there. I think I posted some of them in the past. :) The point, named Sarayburnu (means Palace Point) because it is down the Topkapı Palace. Yes, in far distance Anatolian side is seen, and right side goes to the Marmara Sea... this side, is the well known point, I mean  Sarayburnu, it is so important for the sailors because of the deep streams, it is one of the strongest one in this area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarayburnu

and yes the biggest one! Ah, I wished to be in this cruise... and to travel to the far seas...

No comments:

Post a Comment